Email hacking is a part of cyber threat that can often lead to data theft and online scams. If notice any suspicious activity on users AOL account or if users feel that their account was hacked, then users will have to reset their password before users can make any change to protect their data. If users are not sure about the account information, the best part to do is to delete the AOL account that was hacked. Users can contact the AOL customer care number +1-844-502-0074 and ask for technical help to ensure you follow the correct methods while making the changes. Users can also refer to the guidelines give below to permanently delete a hacked AOL account.
Methods to delete a Hacked AOL account
Method 1: Use the account recovery steps and reset Password
- First of all, go to My Account on AOL and just click “Forgot Password?”
- Now enter your AOL username/email address in the given field
- Further this type the words from the CAPTCHA image and click “Next.”
- Now choose how users want to confirm ownership of their AOL email account
- If by phone, simply type your mobile number and enter the code sent by AOL
- If you are using an alternate email address or security question proceed accordingly
- After that type a new password of at least six characters, retype to confirm and then “Done” to complete the password reset process.
Method 2: Remove your AOL username but not the Primary Account
- First of all, open your web browser and visit the AOL My Account page
- After that sign in with your AOL username or email ID and your new password.
- Further this enter the answer for your Account Security Question and press “Continue.”
- Now select the Additional Screen Names box to find the AOL name to delete
- After that just click the small red color “X” icon to remove the desired AOL account.
Method 3: Go to the Billing options and simply remove the Paid AOL Account
- First go to the AOL My Account page once again and log in to your account
- Now respond to the account security question and then press ‘Continue’ to proceed
- After that choose “I Already Have a High-Speed Connection” and view the plans
- Now double check and review your current AOL paid subscription details
- Further this click on the “Cancel My Billing” option located at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the confirmation page opens, switch to a lower-cost plan.
- After that choose an appropriate reason for canceling your subscription
- Now click the “Cancel My Billing” option once again to convert your AOL account to a free account.
Method 4: Remove Free AOL Account
- First use your AOL username and password and log in to My Account
- Now enter the right answer for the Account Security Question and proceed
- After that select the option to indicate you already have a High-Speed Connection
- Now click on “View Plans” and check your current subscription information
- Further this press the “Cancel” button to initiate the cancellation process.
- Now carefully read through the text related to canceling your AOL subscription.
- Give an appropriate reason for canceling the subscription and after that press “Cancel AOL.”
User should keep in mind that when they permanently remove their AOL account, user will unable to undo their action or restore their account later. If user need any help completing the methods above or if user want some clarification before they permanently delete the account, then user can call the AOL Email Customer Service Number 1844-502-0074 and ask for assistance.
Read Also :- How Do I Change My AOL Email Account Password